Selecting the right sealing material for your tank
In selecting a sealant you can choose from various technologies, such as MS polymer, polyurethane, silicones or polysulphide. Although these technologies are all used for the same application(s), there are clear differences. Selecting the right sealing material can be a challenge. Various factors play a role in this:
- The (chemical) contents of the tank;
- The composition and finish of the walls and bottom (for example, coating);
- The ambient temperature;
- The temperature in the tank;
- The certification requirements;
- The tank’s expected service life.