Long Term Maintenance Plan (LTMP)
Inspection and maintenance can be performed on an ad hoc basis, or in accordance with maintenance recommendations using a Long Term Maintenance Plan (LTMP). In inspections and the preparation of these plans, SABA uses the guidelines for the NEN 2767 standard.
In the performance of maintenance and renovation, it is important to determine the current situation and quality of the joint seal in advance. The detailing, type of sealant and application are leading here. In preparing maintenance advice, SABA devotes attention to matters including:
- the overall joint seals and their maintenance condition
- damage due to structural choices
- esthetic aspects versus economic feasibility
- resilience and compatibility with materials used previously, bonding to various substrates
- economic aspect: choice of repair method and implementation
Ultimately, choices will be made in the maintenance advice that are consistent with the local circumstances and the requirements set by the customer.
Repair work is necessary; in the long term, preventive maintenance offers cost savings.